Education and Experience
Ashlie Lauren is a paramedically-trained aesthetician, makeup artist, and photographer based in Detroit, MI servicing the Detroit Metro area and beyond.
With four years of study at Wayne State University as a photography major, countless days on set working with the industries best, and three years working hands on with advanced skincare in a Southfield Dermatology office, Ashlie is well versed in the latest skin and beauty trends. Her dedication to continued education and and passion for precision is what sets her apart in the industry.
Having had difficultly getting back usable images of her makeup work nearly a decade ago as a young makeup artist, Ashlie decided to pick up the camera herself and from that point she took her first steps into the business of beauty. Working with Lifetouch National Portrait Studios, Barbizon National Modeling & Acting Schools, and Wayne State University Math Corps gave Ashlie years of experience working with groups and individuals as both a photographer and teacher.
As an extension of her makeup work, Ashlie also enjoys face and body painting, and often books as many face paint parties as she does bridal makeup parties throughout the year. After spending the last year as lead aesthetician at a dermatology office/ medical spa, and two before that intensively working and training at the practice, Ashlie has taken the cutting edge skills and techniques, and made them accessible right in your own backyard!
AESTHETICIAN/MAKEUP ARTIST & PHOTOGRAPHER
Creative and precise aesthetician with 9 years freelance experience in makeup artistry. Highly proficient with brow sculpting, lash extensions, and various modalities of paramedical aesthetics. Specializing in corrective beauty makeup as well as portrait & landscape photography. Able to apply knowledge of proper sanitation in the makeup studio/ spa room.
PRIMARY JOB SKILLS
- Corrective Beauty Makeup
- Lash Extensions
- Makeup for Hi-Def
- Headshot/Beauty Photography
- Landscape Photography
- Face/Body Painting
- Airbrush Makeup
- Bridal Makeup
- Commercial Hair Styling
- Portrait/Team Photography
- Airbrush & Glitter Tattoos
- Brow & Body Waxing
- Body Wraps
- Microneedling/ Collagen Induction Therapy
- Chemical Peels
- Laser Hair Removal
PROFESSIONAL FREELANCE EXPERIENCE
- Hallowicked Detroit 2016 for Waka Flaka Flame. Live Event. Personal MUA.
- Hallie Jackson Show (Oct. 31 2016) for MSNBC. Live TV. Key MUAH.
- Christmas Collective (2015) for Yolanda Rabun. Live Event. Personal MUA.
- Hello World (2014) by Aloe Blacc for Interscope Records. Music Video. Assistant MUAH.
- Educational Video (2014) for Russell Video. Documentary. Key MUAH.
- MetroArts Detroit Season 2 (2013) for Midtown Studios. TV Show. Key MUA.
- Monsters On Main Street (2012) for Lyon Productions. Comedy/Horror. Key MUA.
- Extreme Couponing (TLC Channel) for Faatima Evans. TV Show, Season 4/Episode 2. Key MUA.
- Dodging the Whacker (2012) for LocalD Productions. Film de Femme. Key MUA.
- No Subliminals (2011) by Yung Godz for Keke Dillard. Music Video. Key MUA.
- The Elevator [Trailer] (2010) for Thullo Films. Horror. Key MUAH.
- Black [Trailer] (2010) for Thullo Films. Documentary. Key MUAH.
- Hey Wedding Lady, Editorial Feature. May 2015 with Emily Jane Photography. Key MUA.
- Style Me Pretty, Editorial Feature. Aug 2014 with Emily Jane Photography. Key MUA.
- Styleline Magazine, Whatever Suits You Editorial. Dec 2013 with Christian O'Grady. Key MUA
- Vogue Italia Online, Photo Vogue Feature. Jan and July 2012 with Jennifer Alder. Key MUAH.
- Hair Empire Magazine, Feature Spread/Cover. Fall 2011. Key MUA.
- Phat Magazine, Cover & Editorial Spread. Fall 2010 with The Hit Factory. Assistant MUA.
- Hennessy V.S. Limited Edition Bottle Launch Ferndale MI. July 2015. Key MUA.
- Teleflora Spring/Summer 2015 Feature for Brown Floral with Douglas Adesko Photo. Key MUAH.
- Summer 2013 Collection for Crave Beauty Cosmetics. Key MUA.
- Fall 2012 Campaign for Allure Bridal Salon. Key MUA.
- Grand Opening for Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. (USA). June 2012. Key MUA.
- Summer 2011 Collection for Clothes For Cures. Key MUA.
- Grand Opening for Crave Nails and Tattoo. 2011. Key MUA.
- Roc the Bells Holiday Show for Spanish Fly Detroit. December 2012. Key MUA.
- Deck the Halls Fashion Show for Whip Hand Cosmetiques/Micheal Ashford Designs. December 2012. Second Key MUA.
- Workroom 1.0 Pop-Up Show for Whip Hand Cosmetiques. January 2012. Key MUA.
- Destiny Fashion Extravaganza for Jus Valente Designs. December 2011. Key MUA.
- WALK Fashion Show for Jelly’s World Entertainment. March 2011. Key MUA.
- Rock Financial Showplace Women’s Expo for Johnathon Kayne. April 2010. Key MUA.
- Rock Financial Showplace Women’s Expo for Taj Cottage. April 2010. Second Key MUA
. - Refine Your Image for New Faces Division. April 2010. Third Key MUA.
- Royal Red Carpet Fashion Experience for Fashion Guru Agency. December 2008. Third Key MUA.
Additional Client List
- Faatima Evans [TLC's Extreme Couponing All Star] (Makeup)
- China Kingway Live Events (Makeup)
- Blackstone LaunchPad (Photo)
- Wayne State University Math Corps (Photo & Face Paint)
- Laur Nash Photography (Makeup & Hair)
- Jennifer Alder Photography (Makeup & Hair)
- To Die For Studios (Makeup & Hair)
- Vankou Photography (Makeup & Hair)
- Chance For Change Detroit (Photo)
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Microblading Training with Everlasting Brows, June 2017.
Microneedling/ PRP Training with Eclipse MicroPen, July 2016.
Ultherapy Training with Ulthera, June 2016.
CoolSculpting Operator Certification with Zeltiq, May 2016.
Hydrafacial Operator Certification with Edge Systems, April 2016.
Lash/Brow Tinting Certification with RefectoCil, November 2015.
Dearborn Career Academy,
Dearborn Heights, MI.
Full Esthetics Program, 2014
Licensed Esthetician, January 2015
Wayne State University,
Bachelor of Fine Arts,
Detroit, MI Photography Concentration,
Expected Graduation Date, Dec 2017
Paramedical Aesthetician/Interim Front Desk Manager
*Worked as Lead Aesthetician August 2017-Sept. 2018
February 2016- September 2018
Covet MedSpa/ Northwest Dermatology
- Complete bimonthly retail and operational inventory and order products accordingly.
- Maintain accurate revenue reports and daily financial records.
- Handle client complaints that do not require escalation to Spa Director.
- Perform client consultations and all aesthetics procedures including but not limited to chemical peels, laser hair removal, IPL, Ultherapy, CoolSculpting, ear piercing, etc.
- Prepare clients for injectables; prepare Botox/Dysport/Xeomin for providers; assist providers in treatment room.
June 2014- August 2016
Barbizon Modeling and Acting Centers
- Train students in print and runway modeling, speech projection, and acting skills.
- Lead students in personal development and etiquette workshops.
March 2010- Sept. 2015 (Seasonal)
Sportography and School Photo for Lifetouch Nat’l Portrait Studios
- Set up and mount camera equipment.
- Pose and photograph students and staff.
- Consistently capture high quality individual portraits and team shots.
- Organize materials to ensure necessary equipment and supplies are available on picture day resulting in a smooth picture day process.
June 2013-January 2015
MAKE UP FOR EVER Cosmetics
- Address complexion concerns with appropriate choice in foundation, concealer, powder, and highlight/contour products.
- Client interaction and sales with honest and genuine conversation.
Photographer/ College Assistant
May 2005- August 2014 (Seasonal)
Wayne State University Math Corps
- Photograph and catalog images of day to day camp activities as well as individual ID and team photos.
- Help maintain a safe learning environment for the attending students.
- Assist with classroom instruction.
Freelance Sales Representative
May 2012- February 2013
Studio Gear Cosmetics
- Analyze and fulfill client's needs by recommending appropriate products.
- Provide demonstrations of product to showcase features.
- Stay current on all product knowledge for all Ulta featured brands.
- Build relationships with customers and Ulta staff.
April 2010- January 2012
Express Yourself Body Art
- Provide custom face and body paint designs at indoor and outdoor festivals, as well as children’s indoor playplaces.
- Produce custom glitter & airbrush tattoos for customers.
- Create fantasy and traditional airbrush face paints.
- Began charitable initiative to give back to the community.
- Give women in domestic abuse shelters makeovers and self empowerment workshops.
- Provide girls in group foster homes with makeovers, spa events and hygiene & self-esteem workshops.
- Partner with homeless shelters with job readiness programs to provide women with makeovers and business attire for their job interviews.
- Partner with various non-profits including Gladiator Sports to provide runway and modeling training assistance for annual fashion show.